Hello there! How are you folks doing? I couldn’t update any post for a long time as I was busy with nothing but everything.. You know what I mean ;) Enough talking, let’s roll! :P
First thing I have to say is this thing worked me like a magic. You feel what I’m saying? Like a magic. I do have a iPod Touch 4G 32GB model. When I bought it came with iOS 4.2.1 ( Actually guy at the Apple store did it for me :D ) So I worked with it for a long time with no problems. One day device started to give me problems. Like there’s no icons for some apps but I can search them and use via the spotlight search. So I thought to put the iPod in to DFU ( Default Firmware Upgrade ) mode and restore it. Unfortunately I had no SHSH blobs saved and I had to upgrade to the latest firmware at that time which was iOS 4.3.5. So it gave me some weird time. Because I’m a jailbreak type person and I was fu*ked up with iOS 4.3.5 as it has no “untethered jailbreak” released yet. That means you can’t boot the device without a use of a computer.
But what to do? I had to rely on that iOS because I had no SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2.1. Time went, and iOS 5 released. I thought to upgrade to it and I remembered that I have to save all SHSH for iOS 4.3.5 in case of emergency. So I backed up SHSH blobs. And there are two SHSH saved. One is for iOS 4.3.5 and other is for iOS 4.3.3!!!! I still don’t know how did it happened because I never installed 4.3.3 in my iPod! However I have the both blobs in my computer now. And I was able to downgrade it to never installed iOS 4.3.3 even! The good thing in iOS 4.3.3 is it’s the last iOS that has a untethered jailbreak. That means you can switch on the device without any computer.
So I’m going to say how I did the thingy. I still don’t know how to explain the magic happened to me technologically. But I’ll tell you the steps I did. And It’s worth trying right? So try it, tell me your results.. Let’s go!
- Go to Cydia and search for “iSHSHIT” and install. Save SHSH from that app, export those in to your mail account and download it in to your computer. Keep them aside safely.
- Download and install Java runtime environment from http://www.oracle.com/ ( This needs to launch “TinyUmbrealla” software )
- Download the latest version of TinyUmbrella.
- Make a new folder, and copy all the stuff you downloaded including those SHSH files.
- Connect your iDevice ( ex – iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad )
- Close iTunes if it starts automatically
- Launch TinyUmbrella. Don’t worry it will download some library files when you first launch it. So remember to keep your computer connected to the internet when you going to launch TinyUmbrella.
- In the left panel click on your iDevice then go to the right side and click the buton “save SHSH”
- Then it will take about some minutes and save all SHSH files. In my case it saved both SHSH files for iOS 4.3.5 and iOS 4.3.3. Just pray before you click on the button. I’m not kiddin this worked on me.
- Download iOS 4.3.3 IPSW file. ( I found the direct download links from http://www.redmondpie.com/ you should go in and check in )
- Open the TinyUmbrella again and select the SHSH file for iOS 4.3.3 and click on the button “Start TSS Server”
- Put your iDevice in to DFU mode
- Keep TinyUmbrella running background and open iTunes. It will say that iPod is in a recovery mode and should restore before you use it.
- Holding the “SHIFT” button in your keyboard click on the button “Restore” in iTunes software. ( Holding “shift” will allow you to select previously downloaded iOS file. )
- Let the iTunes to do the rest of the process.
My one restored and restarted with no errors. And now I’m in iOS 4.3.3 I don’t know what happened exactly. I can’t explain in technology. But it happened like a magic. Just give it a try. See ya later! :D